Causes of bad breath
There can be many causes which lead to bad breath but the most common cause of bad breath is bad oral health. If you don’t brush and floss regularly, the bacteria in your mouth keeps growing. As a result, plaque gets build up on your teeth. When plaque isn’t brushed away, it produces a foul odor and leads to tooth decay (cavity). But hey, one can easily get rid of bad breath quickly using home remedies. And here in this blog, we’ll tell you how.
Bad breath originates from the mouth, where bacteria are present. When you eat food, small bits get stuck in your teeth. Bacteria grows on these bits of food, releasing foul-smelling compounds. Foods like onion and garlic mainly lead to bad breath.
Basic tips to get rid of bad breath quickly:-
- Warm Salt Water Rinse:– A saltwater wash can prevent the development of infectious bacteria in the mouth or throat. This prevents the growth of microbes that cause bad breath. Salt water is an incredible, basic home solution for bad breath.
- Hydrate your body:- You should make a habit of drinking more and more water. It helps to maintain saliva flow and keeps our mouth moist, discouraging bacterial growth. Decrease the intake of coffee, black tea, and alcohol in your life. It increases fluid loss and may cause dry mouth.
- Exercise:- Daily exercises help to maintain a good circulation rate throughout the body. It increases the oxygen flow in our body and keeps good microbiome health. This then helps to eliminate harmful bugs that cause bad breath.
- Get good quality sleep:- Lack of sleep negatively affects both your immune system and microbiome health. It increases the stress that has a major negative role in our overall health. If you have bad breath try to ensure you get enough good quality sleep.
- Include more fruits in your diet:- Raw apples have a powerful effect against bad garlic breath. Oranges are rich in vitamin C that helps in eliminating bad breath. Hence more and more fruits included in your diet can help you get rid of bad breath quickly.
Basic foods to get rid of bad breath quickly:-
- Green tea:- In case of bad breath green tea is one of the best home remedies. Its antioxidant property kills the oxidants in the throat and stomach. As a result, it refreshes the inner side of the body and hence is the best home remedy to cure bad breath.
- Aloe Vera:– Aloe Vera is a natural antifungal and antibacterial plant extract. It also boosts the creation of collagen, improving the mouth’s ability to heal. Most people in India grow aloe vera plants in their house. As it is very easy to maintain. You can also make your own Aloe Vera mouthwash to fight bad breath. You need to add Aloe Vera gel to boiled water once it is cooled. Now add peppermint oil according to the taste.
- Cinnamon Sticks:– Cinnamon fights against bacteria that cause mouth infections. These sticks are high in fiber that cures oral diseases.
- Pineapple juice:- Pineapple juice is the most effective treatment to get rid of bad breath quickly. You can drink a glass of organic pineapple juice twice a day, or chew on a pineapple slice for one to two minutes.
- Yogurt:- Yogurt contains healthy bacteria called lactobacillus. This bacteria helps combat bad bacteria in various parts of your body, like your gut. According to a study, 80 percent of participants had a reduction in bad breath after six weeks of eating yogurt. You should eat at least one serving per day of plain, nonfat yogurt.
When to consult a doctor:-
In most cases of bad breath, the doctor is not required. As the issue is not life threatening and can be cured at home. But in case bad breath persists even after maintaining good oral hygiene, meet a dental professional.