Are you taking care of your teeth? As taking care of teeth is a lifetime process. It requires a daily routine of good habits. Rather than complex methods, one can easily take care of their teeth at home with basic ways.
Poor oral health leads to gum disease, facial pain, infections of the mouth, and more serious health problems, including stroke, heart disease, irritable bowel syndrome, kidney disease, diabetes, and oral cancer. Whereas healthy teeth have their own look and shine.
Here are some basic ways to take care of your teeth at home in your day to day life:-
- Brush your teeth twice a day:- Gently brush your teeth on all sides with a soft-bristle brush and fluoride toothpaste. Here is a list of best fluoride toothpaste available in India.
- Use tongue cleaners:- Don’t neglect your tongue while brushing your teeth. A good tongue cleaner will help you clean scrapes from your tongue.
- Remember to floss regularly:- Flossing is essential as it cleans our teeth from places where a toothbrush can’t reach.
- Quit Smoking and drinking:- These two are the best when it comes to spoiling your life. One cannot count the number of diseases caused due to smoking. For eg:- Lung cancer
- Oil pulling:- Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic technique for your oral health. Both sesame and coconut oil have antibacterial properties. It keeps your teeth and gums clean and healthy.
- Have a healthy diet:- Munching on apples, celery sticks, carrots, and peppers helps make your teeth strong and healthy.
- Drink plenty of water:- Drinking water after every meal can help you wash out sticky and acidic foods.
- Swap beverages with green tea:- Drinking green tea may reduce oral bacteria and lower your chance of developing oral cancer. Basically, it promotes the health of teeth and gums.
- Ditch bad breath:- Unpleasant odor coming from your mouth can have a negative impression and can ruin your day.
- Mouth fresheners:- In today’s world mouth freshener is a life saver for many people. You should definitely use these whether you deal with bad breath or not.
- Dentist consults:- Get professional teeth cleanings and regular oral exams, which can help prevent tooth decay or spot them early.